It seems everyone has some sort of yearly recap on his or her blog. These recaps are typically interesting. So I thought I would do a little recap here. The best of 2014 actually occurred on Jan 1, 2015 when I woke up above ground. I think making it through the year intact and alive is a good thing.
In 2014 I was able to get in a lot of camping, hiking and even some biking. So it was a very successful year. Since I write about both backpacking and camping, I expect that there will be many more view of things camping related, which actually happened. But there was one big surprise…
The top post had at lease twice as many views than any other, except one. So here is a recap of the top 10.
- The Search for the Holy Grail: Waterproof Breathable Rain Gear was about the fact that most rain gear doesn’t do that the manufacturer promises.
- Gray Water Solutions for Your Camper. What is the best option for disposing of gray water at a campground without a sewer hook-up? My preferred solution may surprise you.
- How to Level and Stabilize a Tent Trailer. Many people don’t know how to set up their tent trailer. This may help.
- Axle Upgrade and Lift. Out tent trailer was prematurely wearing out tires. Not fun. Here is the surprising solution, which also fixed some other issues.
- Freezer Bag Cooking. The simplest method for cooking on backpacking trips.
- PopUp Gizmos. Keep your tent trailer bunk ends cool and clean in warm weather.
- State of Charge: Your Camper/RV May Be Killing Your Battery Bank. Everything you ever wanted to know about camper batteries and charging them.
- A Tour of Our Niagara. Take a look at our highly customize and modified large tent trailer.
- Vintage Stoves. Backpacking stoves from the 70’s and 80’s.
- Patagonia Houdini Windshirt. How a wind shirt fits into your backpacking ensemble.