It seems that many folks are playing around with different kinds of Cuben Tech variants to make waterproof and breathable clothing. I guess they missed my Search for the Holy Grail article on this fallacy.
Aside from this fruitless search, many people feel that Cuben Tech clothing is not visually appealing — I think the term is aesthetically.
I think folks are missing the positive unintended consequences of my Cuben Tech poncho.
On a long hike, you may have to go into a town to get supplies. If it is raining and you are wearing Cuben gear some really, really good things will happen to you.
- You won’t be wearing designer urban outerwear. This means strangers won’t want to stop you on the street and waste your time with worthless conversation.
- Cuben gear looks like a trash bag. People will think you are homeless and won’t want to talk to you.
- Strangers might stop you and give you money.
- Often strangers will see you walking down the street and give you a wide berth by crossing the street away from you.
- Better than giving you a wide berth, everyone in town might just disappear.