I started this blog in July of 2012. That first 6 months was really about learning how to do this. In 2013 I uploaded a lot of content. 2014 had a lot of backpacking and camping trip reports, and 2015 didn’t see a lot of activity on my part — I was too distracted with work.
Given that, 2015 saw a traffic increase of 63% over 2014. Where do these folks come from?
- Over 90% from search engines (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.).
- Almost 3% came from Facebook. I have no idea where or how, since I don’t belong to or use Facebook — ah heck, I HATE the concept of Facbook
- A little over 2% came from www.backpackinglight.com and www.popupexplorer.com each, which isn’t surprising because those are the (only) 2 online forums I participate on.
So here are the top ten most popular posts of 2015
I have entered the name of the post and then (category: year posted). Generally I expect more visitors for camping related subjects, but there are a couple of surprises.
- The Search for the Holy Grail: Waterproof Breathable Rain Gear (Backpacking: 2013) This post got double the views of any other post.
- Gray Water Solutions for Your Camper (Camping: 2013)
- State of Charge: Your Camper/RV May Be Killing Your Battery Bank (Camping: 2013)
- How to Level and Stabilize a Tent Trailer (Camping: 2013)
- 2006 Fleetwood Niagara axle Upgrade and Lift (Camping: 2013)
- Six Moons Designs Deschutes CF Shelter (Backpacking: 2015)
- PopUp Gizmos (Camping: 2013)
- ’92 Starcraft Meteorite Interior Remodel (Camping: 2013)
- Freezer Bag Cooking (Backpacking: 2013)
- A Tour of Our Niagara (Camping: 2013)