I never take music with me when backpacking. However we often listen to music at our camp when camping with our tent trailer. Jonathan Livingston Seagull is excellent accompaniment when eating breakfast under our canopy.
Recently I put together some of my favorites in a “nature” playlist in iTunes. Made for a very nice flight to Philadelphia.
Some of my favorite “nature” themed music includes:
- Symphony #6 (Pastoral), Beethoven
- Piano Sonata (Appassionata), Beethoven
- The Four Seasons, Vivaldi
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Neil Diamond
- The Living Desert, Randy Petersen
- Spirit Sojourn: Nature Quest
- “Trout” Quintet, Franz Schubert
- Grand Canyon Suite, Ferde Grofé
- They Call the Wind Maria, Soundtrack from Paint Your Wagon
- Wand’rin’ Star, Soundtrack from Paint Your Wagon
- On the Natural, Hoyt Axton
- (Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding